Tuesday 20 December 2011

Short Eared Owl- Round 1

I set off from Manchester this weekend with clear skys overhead and snow crisp underfoot. I was looking for the most elusive of predators, the owl. The owls have a good year every couple of years, and this year they've exploded in terms of population, but not bodily; an exploding owl wouldn't make a brilliant shot. I headed to the usual spot in North Wales. These birds are fearless, but not stupid. If you walkup to them, they'll fly off, but if you wait they'll come closer, especially since they hunt over all the fields regularly. However, since the light was not good for photos and the birds were too far off, I left with some reasonable shots but not quite as close-up as i'd like. In the words of arnie, I'll be back...

No comments:

Post a Comment