Thursday 29 December 2011

Common Fayre

 Because of a break in the festive weather, I decided that I was best to take advantage of the bright orb burning in the sky that I dimly rembered was the sun. I phoned a friend in West Manchester who has a private hide. This is part of an old Lancastrian Moss. Since it started life as a peat bog it has become farmland, meaning farmland birds. My friend is an excellent photographer, and he knows exactly what makes a photo special. He uses some teasels as perches...


but the highlight birdwise for me without a doubt are the Tree Sparrows...


but Blue Tits are just so photogenic in the low winter's sun...




This little lady disturbed things somewhat, by hunting my subjects, in the process becoming one herself...



A lovely day out with my new Canon 50D, an impressive beast that Santa very kindly brought!

2 comments:

  1. Joe, that new camera looks pretty good judging by these shots. Pretty awesome stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Joe, your photos are absolutely fantastic.

    ReplyDelete