Sunday 6 November 2011

What a Month!

October hasn't, in all my whole 2 years taking photos, been productive until now. It may be the mad rush before I start the long haul of revision towards the January exams, a prolonged 'last night of freedom', if you will. Still, its worked! No less than 2 Birdguides notables for me, an achievement in my eyes even if those of no other. One was a Dotterel on the great orme, the other was this...


Never a dull moment with waders. Well, saying that, I had was what was a disasterously poor wader day this month, but I also saw Cheshire's first Red Flanked Bluetail! What a cracker...



The only waders of the day and the prevailing birds of the month were the Turnstone who were very obliging...



And again I saw them on a family holiday in Cornwall, this time I got even closer...



This was possibly my favourite of the month, sheltering from the rain on Perranporth beach in cornwall, this Rock Pipit had only one leg. Still, it still got along OK.



I had a long day up at leighton moss in Lancashire, and was struck by how close this Snipe was getting, a real gem of a bird, and yet another new species in front of the lens for October.

No comments:

Post a Comment