Saturday 12 November 2011

Pearly Whites

I have limited time to do photography at the moment so an hour or so at Sale Water Park, literally across the M56 from me, was very welcome. In the past its yielded grebes of 3 varieties, sandpipers and an egret, but today there were gulls. Lots of them. I went only really to test myself with close-up fast-paced action. Problem with gulls is that they're white a lot of the time, and so its difficult to get the balance of white bird and dark background right. So its enjoyable. First up the Common Gull, not all that common in reality...



And now hovering, waiting for the bread I had in my hand...


And the headshot as it whizzed past...


And of course the Black Headed Gulls, most common of all...


Alighting on a signpost...


All in all, a very nice excursion!

No comments:

Post a Comment